Saturday, October 13, 2012

Harvest Festival at Shelton Vineyard


With the craziness of boat shows and TV appearances for the hubby, we have barely had a chance to breathe.  So today we jumped in the car and drove 90 miles north to the Harvest Festival at Shelton Vineyard.



I think here in the Carolinas that the chill may be in the air to stay for awhile, so we started off our visit inside with the wine tasting.  (Hey, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)  We found a really nice Port and the Riesling was pretty good too.  And Port is good for warming up the insides, so after the tour we got a bottle to drink as we enjoyed the festival outdoors.  A tractor pulled us around on a hay ride and we listened to some Bluegrass.  Hubby heard the banjos and got a little nervous…









I saw a shirt with the best saying ever and think I need it as a Christmas gift:
W.I.N.O.S.
Women In Need Of Sanity

1 comment: