Saturday, August 25, 2012

Holy Hand Grenades Batman

Not your typical title for a blog about date nights, but we’re not your typical couple. 

After a week in Miami that left us wishing we were back in Key West, the hubby surprised me with a date night.  I don’t have your typical “girl” taste in movies, so getting to see the new Batman movie was right up my alley.  I won’t lie, I got a tad excited and it made me want to pull out my old Batman movies and TV shows and cuddle up with the hubby for a marathon on the salon floor.   
You may laugh but it’s a bit hard to cuddle on a settee in the salon, so every now and then I make us a pallet with pillows and we like to settle in with a few drinks.  Or we break out the Wii and go head to head with some Super Mario Bros 3.  Heck when it’s too hot at night to sleep in the cabin, I’ve been known to crash on the salon floor.  I can sleep anywhere…..it’s a gift. 

But I digress…back to date night.  The movie was awesome and my date was the best.  We even munched on some popcorn coated in movie theatre butter and topped with jalapenos.  Hey, don’t knock it till you try it.  Then we took a stroll around the complex and headed back home. 
The next night we headed to New Orleans for another date night.  Not on the boat though, we actually jumped in that crazy metal thingy with wheels and sped down the interstate at lightning speed (or 80ish mph).  This may sound like a crazy thing for cruisers to do, but I had hotel points and we deserved a night out just enjoying each other.  We spent most of the night walking up and down Bourbon Street people watching, checking out the sites, doing the normal “budget cruiser” thing.  But the hubby did buy us 2 hand grenades because I had never had one before and they came with these neat Jell-O shots in syringes for free.  And who amongst us can really pass up free drinks?


No comments:

Post a Comment