Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Last 24 Hours

In Kemah that is.

(So I'm a tad behind, but I am trying to catch up as best as possible.)
Waking up sick is not my favorite thing to do, especially when it's been several days now.  But things must be done today, a very large amount of things.  Because in 24 hours the dock lines will be cut.    I have to clean up from the party.  I believe it was 3 bags of trash, not bad considering the large amount of beverages consumed.  And hubby has to do an engine service.

The sickness got the best of me for a little while and I had to lay down.  Well ok, it got the best of me for about 3-4 hours.  I slept through the entire engine service.  But I did wake up long enough to hear something about very black stuff being cleaned out.  Ewwwwww

Then it was up again to scrub the dinghy. Top, sides, bottom and oh goodness it was gross.  There were a variety of disgusting colors that came off with the scrubbing: black, red, green, brown...  But I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed again until it was clean.

The bad thing about scrubbing the dinghy is that I was in desperate need of a shower and we were in a hurry to celebrate the hubby's bday with dinner at La Brisa with Jim and Elaine.  So I had a first....  I took a garden hose shower on the dock (in my swimsuit of course).  You might think it's silly, but I was pretty darn proud of myself!

Dinner was good and a perfect way to spend our last night in Kemah.  Margaritas, tuna, good conversation and fun listening to band.


  1. Amanda, It's good to see you trying to catch up. I did get my Adsense working and am now working on Affiliate ads. We were just wandering were Raymond and the boat are now. Are you with him?
    Keep us posted, Thanks

    1. He spent some time at Lulu's today and will be heading towards Pensacola tomorrow. I will be meeting him this weekend and the next. I'm glad you finally got the cookies thing worked out. Things have been kinda crazy lately with the weather and then me having to fly to Charlotte for training this week. But if you have any questions give me a ring or shoot me an email. I try to at least check my phone after about 5pm. I was able to get Amazon linked in and I want to get a few more.