Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In Search of a Solar Shower

I'm one of those people that requires hot water.  I have this feeling that whatever you're cleaning just doesn't get clean without hot water.  This could be your face, your dishes, or your head (that's what we call a bathroom on a boat).  Now our boat has a fairly large water heater - 11 gallons.  But unfortunately it's not hooked up to the engine quite yet, and even when it is I'd like to have the ability to have hot water at other times during the day. 

So this sent us out on the hunt for a solar shower to one of my favorite places.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the country, but I freakin LOVE this place.  Where else do you get to see all these neat little set ups as you walk around a store?



They even have an aquarium with a gar inside.  I'm particularily facinated with gar because we have aligator gar in our marina and they are big incentive for me learning to not fall off my paddleboard. 


My hubby made fun of me as we walked through the store and all of a sudden I yelled out "Puppy Down", then made him wait as I took a picture of it.  If you can't act silly in a place that contains this much fun, where can you act silly?


On the way out they had this old truck set up as decoration, I thought it was pretty darn neat.

Oh, and we did obtain my solar shower.  I like it so much I'm thinking about acquiring another one just for backup.  They have a simple one at Walmart for about half as much.  I'll probably pick it up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment