Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Moment for a Glass of Wine

Things have been hectic lately.  We've been preparing for a very big change in our lives and let's just say that boat projects have taken over our free time even more than usual.  The hubby has been out on a delivery from Florida to Texas, so I've been running around like a madwoman all week (and missing him like crazy in the process).  I have a to-do list, but it seems like every time I mark something off I add 2 things to it.  So I'm imagining the next 1-2 weeks to continue to be insane because that's all we have.....1-2 weeks. 

I don't know if I'm ready to announce the big change yet, but I find myself sitting on the aft deck, enjoying a glass of wine in one of my new Stainless Steel Wine Goblets from West Marine (a present from the hubby, he spoils me if you can't tell), writing this blog, looking around at the water, the people walking up and down the docks, the boats coming in from and evening sail, and things are feeling bittersweet. 

Change is like that though.....  New, exciting, better things are coming and you get caught up in the whirlwind of it all.  You make lists, you prepare, you almost shake from the anticipation of it all sometimes.  But every now and then, when the world is quiet and your soul is still, you look around you with a fond sadness that this book is coming to an end.

Oh there is another book coming, and it plans to be even better than the first, just like how college was better than High School.  And we will say goodbye to this book and tuck it safely away to remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment