Even the backsides of the backrests were pretty atrocious
I started working on the cushions over a week ago, and finished up with the backrests this weekend. I have to admit that I cheated. Yep, I'm a big fat cheater. I took an old sectional from the house that I'm trying to sell and cut it up and used it for parts. Well cushions and fabric. The cushion part was pretty easy. A little trimming of foam here, a couple of snaps added there and viola - new settee cushions.
But the backrests were a different story. I had to rip off two layers of fabric, about 70 staples a piece and then pry off the very old and brittle fabric. BUT it was worth it. Even if they took about 2 hours each.
And here is the final product, throw pillows and all.