Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The (tex) Joys of Life

We had quite possibly the greatest find on the free table at the marina last weekend.  I don't know if everyone else realized this, but it's very true.  

The hubby and I were walking towards the free table and saw the back of a seasoning bottle.  We both stopped as I shouted "Is that TexJoy?" and then the hubby jogged towards the table and picked up the bottle, turned it around and shouted "Score!".


Not many people know what TexJoy Steak Seasoning is, but it's by far and above the best Steak Seasoning in the entire galaxy.  Yep, I said galaxy.  My parents were both raised near Beaumont, TX and that's were this lil gem of a Steak Seasoning is made.  When I was younger you could only get it near Beaumont, then they started carrying it in Academy and a few other stores like that.  Woohoo, yay, that was awesome!  Then they stopped :(  I have spent hours going from store to store trying to find a bottle of this with no luck.  So finding some on the free table was like winning the mini lottery.  

Now don't think it's only good on steaks.  It's yummy on hamburgers too.  But possibly the thing it's best on is Javelina Hog Jerky.  So do yourself a favor and if you find some of this stuff grab it and run!!!  Then go cook the most delicious steak you've ever tasted.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the joy (pardon the pun) in finding this stuff.

    ReplyDelete