Thursday, May 17, 2012

One of My Favorite Things


With all of the boat projects and errands we haven't gotten to do one of my Favorite things in a few weeks, which is take the boat out and sit on the aft deck. (Bet you thought one of my favorite things was my new bikini top ;)  Today is no different.  The hubby is still on his delivery.  I worked all day and even used my lunch to run a boat errand.  Now I'm taking a few minutes to blog before finishing up the new upholstery.  We're past the easy part, so I'm assuming that this evening will be quite interesting.  Pictures will be coming. 

The original boat interior was 1977 avocado green and blue, we've decided to go with a chocolate brown microfiber for the cushions and a soft boat leather in a darker chocolate for the back rests.  The 1977 matching pillows were tossed in the garbage today, with much glee and celebration, and the new pillows are awaiting placement. 

But alas with all these projects going on I've missed getting out on the water, well out of the marina b/c technically we're still on the water.  The pictures above were taken a few weeks ago when we took our friend John and a friend of his out.  We anchored and swam, then sat and relaxed a bit, soaking in the warmth of the day.  Our new swim ladder got tried out and seemed to work decently, but we did decide it needed a better spot to be secured. 

That day was a perfect example of how the wind can be quite persnickety at times.  As we were getting ready to leave we decided to sail back into the channel.  As soon as our sails were up the wind died down, sometimes even reading 0.0 kts on the chart plotter.  After fiddling around and losing patience we turned on the engine and motored home. 

The minute we got into the marina and tried to get into our slip the winds started gusting 20 kts.  I laughed and disowned my hubby for a few minutes b/c he actually missed our slip and had to try it again.  You might not find this very odd, but since the day I met my husband he has NEVER missed the slip.  He backs in it perfect every time.  I did some serious picking and even said "Who are you and what did you do with my husband?"

Looking at these pictures makes me wish we could just hurry up and get out there and start our adventure!

4 comments:

  1. This is Jim. I'm in the next door slip - F44.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Edith & I are planning to attend the Dock Event this Sat. What can we bring? I suggest "Finger Food", like CEVICHE & chips. Just let me know if there is anything you might need. OK?
      Jim

      Delete
    2. Ceviche & chips sounds wonderful. The only other thing I would suggest is bringing a couple chairs to sit in. Glad to hear y'all are coming!

      Delete